As the weather is warming up, I’ve found myself more motivated than usual to get moving. So I was very excited when Abby from The Mum Life offered to send me a MOVEMAMÍ “Shine” breastfeeding sports bra/crop top, designed for high impact exercise, like running.
Postage was super quick, and I had the bra only 3 business days after it was shipped (I live in a regional area, so I usually expect to wait longer than that!). I tried it on straight away and was very happy to find that the XL seemed to fit my 14F chest perfectly. Over the next few weeks, I gave the bra a thorough testing. I found some things that I loved about it.
STUFF I LOVED
- It’s a very nice looking bra. I can totally see women working out in this bra with no shirt over the top if they were jogging, working out in the gym or if it was simply a hot day.
- The nylon and spandex combination make it feel very soft and luxurious. Although it feels like a good, firm fit, it doesn’t leave imprints on my skin.
- I feel no pressure or pinching around my breasts, so I’m confident it won’t interfere with my milk ducts, or cause any blockages.
- The nursing clips are easy to undo with one hand, and is designed in a way that allows the bra to come down enough so that Miss 2 can breastfeed without a bra cup getting in her face. I have found some breastfeeding sports bras have moulded cups that you can’t quite seem to get out of the way enough.
- It’s comfortable enough for everyday wear, which makes it perfect for incidental exercise. Sometimes we have an impromptu visit to the park and it would be perfect for me to do a quick workout, but I just know that my everyday Kmart crop isn’t going to cut it.
I gave the bra a thorough test with bike riding, walking, jogging, pushups, handstands, burpees and a long list of other awful exercises. I have no problem recommending the MOVEMAMÍ “Shine” for low to medium impact exercises. When I tested it out running and skipping, I was a little disappointed. I felt the bra restricted boob movement in a downward direction, but not up, if that makes sense? I feel like it cut out a lot of the bounce, but not as much as other breastfeeding sports bras I have tested in the past.
However when I shared a video with my followers demonstrating the bounce in my breasts while skipping, THEY were impressed. Maybe my video doesn’t adequately reflect the bounce that I felt, or maybe I have higher expectations when it comes to boob support than other mums. Or maybe I’m too picky. I’ll let you watch my video and decide for yourself. I am happy the range caters to my size, because a 14F bras aren’t something that are easy to come by.
Me and my good old skipping rope tested out the #Movemami breastfeeding sports crop top today – this one's called 'Shine'. Unfortunately it didn't seem quite up to the task of keeping my boobs under control while skipping, or doing other high-impact activities. But there are a few other things to love about it, which I'll talk about on my blog 💜 #breastfeeding #breastfeedingfriendly #breastfeedingsportsbra #breastfeedingcroptop #canibreastfeedinit @canibreastfeedinitau @canibreastfeedinituk @breastfeedersinaus #thepeacefullactivist
To maximise your chances for an optimal fit, I would encourage you to talk to a salesperson. If I went by the sizing information that I found on the website, as a 14F I might have ended up with the XXL (to fit 16-18, E-F) instead of the XL (14-16, DD-E).
Thanks Abby for sending me my MOVEMAMÍ bra in exchange for my honest review.